If you are renovating or building a new home, here are some points you can refer,
1. Make wiring distribution for all rooms from flooring, concealed wiring from flooring makes work faster and easy.
2. Make sure you take electrical wiring layout from the contractor for any future changes in electrical wiring.
3. Avoid wire looping from one point to another for durability and of course safety work.
4. Use branded wires & switches. e.g Polycab, GM
5. Don’t forget to have MCB (Miniature Circuit Breaker) & RCCB (Residual Current Circuit Breaker)